RTO AP is the Transport Department under the provisions of section 213 of the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988. The transport department has established for enforcement of the provisions of Andhra Pradesh Motor Vehicles Taxation Act, 1963 and the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988. There are many regional Transport Officers in Andhra Pradesh. The department has 45 Regional Transport Offices located in district headquarters, which offer fully computerized transport. They provide the overall supervision and coordination of all transport officers.
RTO AP Transport Official Website : http://www.aptransport.org/
RTO AP Transport Contact Number :
1100 (BSNL Land line /Mobile),
1800 4251 110 (Others)
Moreover, the regional transport offices of Andhra Pradesh also assist other organizations in the development of transport facilities and attempt to make an efficient, adequate and economic transport service in the state. These AP RTOs deal with various transport related matters like driving licenses, registration of motor vehicles, collection of taxes / fees, grant and renewal of permits, and other regulatory and enforcement.
There is a Citizen Grievance Redressal System, a web based Application. From different consumer support centres of different districts in the State of Andhra Pradesh, the regional transport departments develop and carry out implementation.
Works of RTO AP are as follows:
• Ensure a coordinated development of Road Transport through AP
• Issue driving licences
• Grant of permits to vehicles
• Registration of vehicles
• Issue fitness certificate
• Collection of taxes and fees
• Enforcement of the Motor Vehicles Act and Rules
Together with better transport operations, the RTO AP also makes policies and implements them accordingly. The transport department monitors and regulates functions of all the regional transport offices.
Related Posts via Categories
- Consulate of India in Tegucigalpa
- Consulate of India in Port-au-Prince
- High Commission of India in Georgetown
- Consulate of India in Conakry
- Embassy of India in Athens Greece
- Indian Embassy in Accra Ghana
- Consulate of India in Stuttgart
- Indian consulate in Essen
- Embassy of India in Berlin
- Consulate General of India in Munich